“I firmly believe that what makes you sexy and beautiful is not the size of your body or the colour lipstick you have on. What really makes you sexy is what you project, your confidence, and your self awareness, having a great sense of humour and being really smart.”— Kate Dillon (Plus Size Model)
I love skirts. In fact, I wear one almost everyday.
That is, if I am not wearing shorts. :)
So, I thought that this week, I’d share with you three of my top picks.
Here they are.
1. The Bubble/ Balloon Skirt
»> I love skirts which make me look like I have a smaller waist (don’t we all!). The balloon skirt, being all ‘balloony’ actually does give a plus-sized woman more shape. I personally think that every girl must have one in her closet (or one in each of your favorite colors!)
2. The Tiered/ Layered Skirt
»> Like the Balloon skirt, this skirt allows a curvalicious woman to feel sexy and actually look sexy as well. With high-heeled pumps or wedges, you are all set to go to whatever party you are planning on going to. :)
3. The Pencil
»> The pencil skirt was not specifically designed for a plus sized woman but we make it look all sooooo good. :) Partner your dark-colored pencil with a loose and dressy top and put on those red pumps - You are all set to paint the town red!
1. I am thankful for my family, no matter how dysfunctional we may seem to be.
2. I am grateful to my mom who has supported me and been with me through everything.
3. To my mom’s twin – Auntie Lucy. Thank you & I love you as much as I love my mom.
4. I am greatly thankful to my Uncle. Tiyo Kayen – Thank you so much.
5. Auntie Bem.. Thank you for the guidance and acceptance. You don’t know how much that means to me.
6. I am grateful to you, Father God, for all the good and the bad that has come my way. I have surely learned a lot.
7. I am grateful for the mistakes that I have made. I may not be proud of them but I am proud of the wisdom that I have gained from them.
8. I am grateful for my baby boy. He might have been untimely, unexpected and somewhat unwanted by some – He is my GREATEST AND MOST BELOVED TREASURE.
9. I am thankful for the good health that I have been blessed with.
10. I am grateful for my job experiences. I may not have been the perfect employee but I have learned so much, in so many fields. Education doesn’t stop when you get out of school. In fact, the most rewarding and stimulating education you learn does not come from a classroom but from the real world.
11. I am grateful for my good friends in Manila. Despite not seeing each other through the years, they are still there. Pauline Garcia-B. Princess Martin – I love you so. <3
12. I am grateful for being ‘deported’ to Cebu. If not, I wouldn’t have met the best, realest and greatest allies any girl could ask for. Belinda Billota, Rea May Caubat, Joan Alazas-Semblante, Xyxa Fritz, Sasue Sanoria, Ferdie Jandayan, Chris Seno, Jose Cruz, Mama Carlo – You are the best friends I could ever have. <3
13. Special shout-out to Belinda and Rea. I can’t even start to tell you both how deeply indebted I am to you. For that, I will always be fiercely and devotedly loyal and thankful to you. <3
14. I am grateful to my father. For instilling in me the strength to go on despite great pain and hurt. You will continue to be my greatest inspiration.
15. I am grateful to my Enhance Family. Even if I have never said so, you were just what I needed to get out of depression and a really deep rut. You taught me how to trust in Father God again. Ma’am Eden Dumont, Sir Paul, Mam Aireen, Mam Rhea, Mam Jacq, Mam Tin & Mam Veda – Love you all!
16. I am grateful to have known Alain and Niko! You were two of the most stimulating and fun and amazing and fabulous sisters I could have met. I love you both very much and I miss our talks. Da Vinci’s again, 9pm-5am?
17. To my favorite cousins, Dude Zack, JR, Mahal – muah muah, tsup tsup! LOL
18. To Faith.. Fatso, were not exactly cousins but thank you so much for making me feel like family. I couldn’t even have imagined having a cousin as great and as fab as you.
19. To my old dormmates! Janice, Janica – I miss you both. Thank you for reminding me not to stray when I’d often feel lost.
20. To my manangs batchmates (LMAO) Edward, Shaun – The two brothers I never had. Mitch, Katrina, Anne – Miss you so. Pau & Pau – The best billiards and beer mates.
21. To my rugby mates.. Jackie, Maggie, PatLo, Jerry, Noel, Dadi Kim, Cedric, Marlou, Marc, Joseph.. Thanks for all the lessons and beer matches. LOL
22. I am also grateful to all the other people who have made an impact on my life. I’d rather not mention names but if you ever come across this, I hope you realize that this is for you.
23. I am grateful for my sister – Lucy. I love you so much. Kisses to the kids and my regards to Thomas.
24. To my brother, sister in law, niece and nephew. I love you all. <3
25. For all the pain, heartaches and tears that I’ve cried – I am much stronger now because of you. Thank you.
I think that every girl, plus size or not, should have at least 7 basic dresses in her closet for all sorts of occasions.
Of course, if you are more of a ‘dressy’ girl then you have much more than that.
Here are my TOP 7 basic picks for every plus size woman.
1. The LBD (Large Black Dress)
LBD’s are among our necessities, very much like underwear. We can wear it to a birthday party, we can wear it to the club or we can wear it at the office when we feel like ‘dressing’ up a bit. Here is my top choice for a LBD.
2. Summery, Flowery, Dressy
Now, who doesn’t want to feel like a young girl again, so vibrant with life? So, this dress is for the times when you want to feel young and fresh and vibrant.
3. Maxi Dress for the Maxi-Fab
Maxi dresses are flooding fashion stores. No matter where we go we’ll always be seeing maxi dresses on people or on hangers. So, if you don’t have one yet – Get one for yourself!
4. Smart Smock
We never know when we’ll get promoted or when we’ll have to attend a corporate event. So, if you wear a uniform to work or if you just prefer to go smart casual in slacks – now is the time to differ! Arm yourself with a smart dress or a smart suit to ready yourself for any battle.
5. The Tube
A tube dress is an amazing creation. And, if you choose one in a neutral color, you literally have dozens of things to do with it. Scarves, fashion accessories, blazers, shawls and cardigans are just a few of the things that you can use to change the look of one simple dress.
6. LWD (Large White Dress)
Now, if you are already equipped with a few black dresses, why don’t you go and get a white one as well. Black is not entirely appropriate to use at weddings, so go and opt for a cream or ivory white dress. And when there are no weddings to attend, you can always use it during church.
7. Glittery, Shiny, Shimmering
For all those party needs, opt for something sparkling! Get a glittery party dress and shine your light at the nightclub! With a dress like this, you won’t ever go unnoticed.